Thank you for your interest in the Babble Brew-Off 2017 organized by BABBLE Homebrewers .
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Thanks and Good Luck To All Who Entered the Babble Brew-Off 2017!
There are 200 registered entries and 100 registered participants, judges, and stewards.
As of 11:43 AM, there are 0 received and processed entries (this number will update as entries are picked up from drop-off locations and organized for judging).
- The BABBLE Brew Off is an AHA & BJCP sanctioned competition open to any amateur home brewer age 21 or older.
- Beers must be entered under the name of all brewers who helped.
- Beers brewed in commercial facilities are ineligible.
- Shipped entries must be received by February 15th 2017
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- $8 per entry.
- Electronic payment ONLY. No cash. No checks.
Entry Requirements: Mead and Cider
- Brewers may enter multiple entries in the mead and cider categories.
- Each entry must be unique.
Entry Requirements: Multiple Entry Sub-Categories
Brewers are not limited to one entry in each category but may only enter each subcategory once. With the exception of: TBD, and with the stipulation that the beer/mead/cider entered be unique by use of a different base style, spice or fruit additive. Example: Only 1 entry each of 2a, 2b and 2c are acceptable (3 entries). Or - Multiple entries of Category 29A are acceptable if 1 was a cherry stout and the other entry was a cherry pale ale or blueberry stout.
Entry Requirements: Other Categories
- Brewers are limited to one entry per sub-category.
- Two (2) 10-14 oz. bottles are required for each entry.
Entry Requirements: All Categories
- Print your labels prior to the end of the entry deadline.
- Attach one label to each bottle using a rubber band ONLY.
- Bottles must be free of labels or other identifying marks.
- All entries MUST be registered ONLINE - no paper entries allowed.
- The 2015 BJCP style categories are available at the BJCP site.
- All 2015 BJCP categories of Beer, Mead, And Cider will be accepted.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine or split categories based on number of entries.
- Categories with a small number of entries may be combined at the discretion of the competition organizers. The Head Judge or other qualified person will review elements of beer categories and styles with each panel prior to judging.
- All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles.
- All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- In the first round, each judge will score 5-10 entries selecting the best three.
- If a second round is necessary, the second round will consist of the top three entries selected in the first round.
- All entries will be evaluated by more than one judge.
- Entries will be chilled and stored properly and appropriately for the style.
- Entries will be disqualified for rules infractions. These entries will be judged if possible, but not eligible for awards and prizes.
- All decisions of the judges and competition committee are final.
- All entries become the property of the BABBLE Homebrewers. No entries will be returned for any reason.
- Zumbier may tweak recipe to fit there brewing system. Beer brewed by Zumbier remains property of Zumbier.
Judging Locations and Dates
6521 120th Ave, Kenosha, WI 53142
Saturday, February 25, 2017 at 9:00 AM, CST
3232 W Monroe St, Waukegan, IL 60085
Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM, CST
3232 W Monroe St, Waukegan, IL 60085
Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM, CST
Saturday, March 11, 2017 at 12:00 AM, CST
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Chris Burns — Competition Coordinator
- Jay Freise — Web Master
- Teresa Gibson — Steward Coordinator
- Bill Westfall — Judging Coordinator
BABBLE Homebrewers is proud to have the following sponsors for the Babble Brew-Off 2017.