Thank you for your interest in the Babble Brew-Off 2018 organized by BABBLE Homebrewers , Buffalo Creek Brewing.
You only need to register your information once and can return to this site to enter more brews or edit the brews you've entered. You can even pay your entry fees online if you wish.
Entry Registration is Open
18 entries have been added to the system as of 6:15 PM, Saturday, January 20, 2018.
To add your entries into the system, please proceed through the registration process or log in if you already have an account.
Judge and Steward Registration is Open
If you have not registered and are willing to be a volunteer, please register.
If you have registered, log in and then choose Edit Account from the My Account menu indicated by the icon on the top menu.
- The BABBLE Brew Off is an AHA & BJCP sanctioned competition open to any amateur home brewer age 21 or older.
- Beers must be entered under the name of all brewers who helped.
- Beers brewed in commercial facilities are ineligible.
- Shipped entries must be received by February 16th 2018
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- $8 per entry.
- Electronic payment ONLY. No cash. No checks
Entry Requirements: Multiple Entry Sub-Categories
Brewers are not limited to one entry in each category but may only enter each subcategory once. With the exception of: TBD, and with the stipulation that the beer entered be unique by use of a different base style, spice or fruit additive. Example: Only 1 entry each of 2a, 2b and 2c are acceptable (3 entries). Or - Multiple entries of Category 29A are acceptable if 1 was a cherry stout and the other entry was a cherry pale ale or blueberry stout.
Entry Requirements: Other Categories
- Brewers are limited to one entry per sub-category.
- Two (2) 10-14 oz. bottles are required for each entry.
Entry Requirements: All Categories
- Print your labels prior to the end of the entry deadline.
- Attach one label to each bottle using a rubber band ONLY.
- Bottles must be free of labels or other identifying marks.
- All entries MUST be registered ONLINE - no paper entries allowed.
- The 2015 BJCP style categories are available at the BJCP site.
- All 2015 BJCP categories of Beer will be accepted.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine or split categories based on number of entries.
- Categories with a small number of entries may be combined at the discretion of the competition organizers. The Head Judge or other qualified person will review elements of beer categories and styles with each panel prior to judging.
- All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles.
- All brews in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- In the first round, each judge will score 5-10 entries selecting the best three.
- If a second round is necessary, the second round will consist of the top three entries selected in the first round.
- All entries will be evaluated by more than one judge.
- Entries will be chilled and stored properly and appropriately for the style.
- Entries will be disqualified for rules infractions. These entries will be judged if possible, but not eligible for awards and prizes.
- All decisions of the judges and competition committee are final.
- All entries become the property of the BABBLE Homebrewers. No entries will be returned for any reason.
You can send an email to any of the following individuals via Contact.
- Chris Burns — Sponsorship Coordinator
- Teresa Gibson — Steward Coordinator
- Mike Hathaway — Web Master
- Adam Ronchetti — Judging Coordinator
- Bill Westfall — Competition Coordinator
BABBLE Homebrewers is proud to have the following sponsors for the Babble Brew-Off 2018.